Thomas & Thomas Contact II Technical Nymphing Fly RodAll Points Fly Shop & Outfitter
A Nymphing Rod That's All About Feel...
Nearly three years of design and development have gone into the Thomas & Thomas Contact 2 fly rod. Contact II rods are a fully redesigned second generation of T&T’s Contact rod series.
Details: Four piece multi-modulus graphite blank incorporating Thomas & Thomas’ latest proprietary composites and curing process, with stealth natural graphite finish. Titanium-frame ceramic stripping guide and single foot RECoil guides with subtle olive wraps, small fighting butt and western grip of select Flor-grade cork. All rods feature up-locking, black anodized aluminum reel seat and burled black ash spacer.
Down-locking available by request
- Optimized guide spacing with lowered stripping guides to decrease line sag between the hand and first guide
- Increased backbone power to improve hook sets and assist landing larger fish
- Extra dense premium Flor grade cork grips increases feel and bite transmission
- Black RECoil single foot snake guides
- Black hook keeper and winding check
- Black “Low Rider” style stripping guide keeps line tighter to blank for improved strike transmission and accuracy
- New low-profile rounded fighting butt for balance and comfort
- Stealthy brown and olive thread wraps.