Waterworks-Lamson Arx Fly ReelAll Points Fly Shop & Outfitter
Arx is a reel built with purpose; Spey or switch casting a variety of lines with maximum line control and reliability. The continuing evolution of Spey and Scandi lines, shooting heads, flat mono, etc. demand a reel that can help prevent line snags while retaining the high performance you’ve come to expect from Waterworks Lamson. Arx has a full cage frame that encapsulates the spool to prevent line from escaping or snagging in critical areas. Normally a configuration like this would do a good job at preventing line fouling, but would preclude palming the reel. Arx is carefully milled on the bottom third of the reel to expose a functional palming section. Even the drag knob has been designed to provide optimal grip without exposing a portion of the reel to line fouling.
- Spey specific
- Full cage frame design, prevents line from snagging and escape
- Shield-like style to shed or wick away line that may often get caught on handles & drag knobs
- Bottom portion of frame is machined away; allows for palming. Most full frame reels do not offer "palm-ability"
- Heavier reel to balance two handed rods
- Large arbor
- U-Shaped arbor helps prevent line stacking
- Sealed conical drag
- Hard anodized in Hard Alox finish
Format: Large Arbor
Materials: Machined Aluminum, Stainless Steel
Finish: Hard Alox
Drag: Sealed Conical Drag System
US Made, Idaho Built