Flat wing style flies are renowned for their great movement and castability. These flies are a modern twist on a classic style featuring an almost indestructible UV resin head and body as well as a keel weight to ensure these flies will ride correctly under even the heaviest current. Additional steps are taken in the tying process to prevent the feathers and bucktail from fouling which can be an issue with this style of fly.
CHECK OUT THE MATERIAL LIST BELOW THE VIDEO!
Material List: (click on each item for product page)
- Thread: Veevus power thread 140 denier (white)
- Hook: Gamakatsu SL12S (2/0)
- Tail: Bucktail (white)
- Tail: Hareline Flat Wing Saddle (white and pastel olive), Ewing Half Saddle (light olive)
- Body: Flashabou Mirage Blends (opal/silver)
- Wing: Bucktail (light olive)
- Wing: Peacock Herl
- Throat: Bucktail (white)
- Eyes: Holographic Living Eyes (7mm ice)
- UV Resin: Solarez (thick and thin)