The newest premier fly rod from Sage, the R8 CORE utilizes the most modern materials and build technology to create a rod that has the famous feel of a Sage with improved rebound, flex, and power. The all new Revolution 8 technology allows for an incredible increase in strength and sensitivity.
The Sage R8 CORE is focused on maximum versatility through Sage's forward-thinking lens of what us anglers are seeing out on the water - where one rod needs to show even greater range. At its core, R8 CORE traces a direct lineage to Sage’s multi-application / fast action vision, one shaped by the fishing evolutions happening all around us—from habitats we stalk and waters we frequent, to the flies we fish and the diversity of species we now target. Coming in a range from 3wt to 9wt, with a variety of lengths from 8’6” to 10’0”, there’s sure to be a model to fit the core needs of every freshwater angler.
- Revolution 8 Technology
- Silver Pine blank color
- Slate primary thread wraps with graduated White and Grey trim
- Fuji ceramic stripper guides with hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Black rod bag with new cord lock for quicker, easier, and cleaner storage
- Aluminium rod tube with Sage medallion 3wt - 6wt
- Sustainable Ziricote wood insert with anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Premium Flor grade snub-nose half-wells cork handle 5wt - 9wt
- Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum reel seat
- Premium Flor grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt
- Integrated “hidden” reel seat hook keeper.