Orvis Hydros Fly ReelAll Points Fly Shop + Outfitter
The Orvis Hydros fly reel continues to be one fo the best selling fly reels in its category and price-point. The sealed drag with stacked carbon and stainless steel disc washers is still one of the strongest in the industry, with zero start-up inertia. Matte type II anodized finish, standard large arbor size which balances better with lighter-weight fly rods, and yet still offers excellent retrieval rates and less line coiling than standard arbor reels. Refinement and improvement are the hallmarks of quality.
- Refined, lighter weight large arbor fly reel
- Improved fully-sealed drag clutch bearing
- Radiused reel foot for kink-free leader protection
- Ergonomically improved, easy to use drag knob
- Zero start-up inertia
- Excellent retrieval rates and less line coiling
- Hydros I for line weights 1-3; 4.7 oz, 3.1” in diameter.
- Hydros II for line weights 3-5; 5.0 oz, 3.4” in diameter.
- Hydros III for line weights 5-7; 5.5 oz, 3.7” in diameter.
- Hydros IV for line weights 7-9; 6.6 oz, 4” in diameter.
- Hydros V for line weights 9-11; 7.7 oz, 4.25” in diameter.