Sage Maverick Fly RodAll Points Fly Shop + Outfitter
Saltwater angling is more often a game of quick shots than long casts. Dropping a fly in front of a cruising tarpon 20ft off the bow can be the difference between success and failure during a day on the flats. In fact, most saltwater fisheries put a premium on getting the fly to the target quickly. Redfish meandering about Louisiana marshes, bonefish cruising marl-covered flats, and stripers slashing at bait all require a quick cast into “the zone” for high odds at a hookup. The quicker you can lay the fly down, the better the results. Sage’s new Maverick fly rod has been designed to maximize these quick-shot opportunities with a powerful tip section that drives the casting load down to more robust lower sections, making it easier to fire these quick efficient casts and helping the angler make the most of their finite opportunities. With a true saltwater specific backbone and design, the Maverick is ready for any salty challenge thrown its way.
- Quick-Shot Presentations
- Increased Pulling And Lifting Power
- Oversized Guide-Set To Help Reduce Tangles Of Larger Saltwater Knots
- Konnect Technology - Pacific Blue blank color.
- Oversized Fuji stripper guides
- Oversized snake guides and tip top
- 690-4: Skinny water / Stealthy presentations for spooky fish
- 790-4: Skinny water / Stealthy presentations with added wind and fish fighting power
- 890-4: All-around saltwater tool and go-to bonefish rod
- 990-4: All-around saltwater tool for windier days and larger/heavier flies
- 1090-4: Fish-fighting power. Lightweight tarpon or heavy-duty permit applications
- 1190-4: Big flats species, lightweight offshore fishing, and go-to tarpon rod
- 1290-4: Big flats species and lightweight offshore fishing
- 1486-4: Offshore bluewater